Pet Friendly Accommodations
Bring the family and your “best friend” to Parksville!
At the Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort, we know it is important to include your pet on a family vacation. Our Resort offers a limited number of suites that are designated as ‘Pet Friendly’. Guests who do not request a pet friendly cottage suite upon booking cannot be guaranteed that one will be available upon arrival. Guests who bring pets into unauthorized units may face a charge of $500 to deep clean the accommodation following their stay.
Pet Amenities: Food/Water bowls will be included in-room on arrival.
Pet Guest Fee: $25/night, $100/week, or $300/month (plus applicable taxes), maximum 2 pets per room.
Pet Damages: If your pet damages the room, you will incur all fees associated with cleaning and repairing the room.
MUST REQUEST A PET-FRIENDLY SUITE UPON BOOKING
- If you leave your pet unattended at any time, they must be crated or put in a carrier, you must also let the front desk know that your pet is in the room alone and leave them a contact number you can be reached at in the event that your pet is barking or disturbing other guests. Rooms will not receive housekeeping services should your pet not be contained.
- Pets are permitted in designated pet rooms only and should be leashed while in the lobby area, grounds or any other common area of the resort.
- In order to guarantee satisfaction to all guests we have designated specific rooms as pet-friendly, as pets can cause serious complications to guests with severe allergies. Please note that guests who bring pets into unauthorized units may face a charge to deep clean the accommodation following their stay.
- Pets are not permitted in the Pool, Hot Tub, Fitness Room or Pool Patio areas.
- Noise from Pets must be kept to a minimum and must not be allowed to interrupt the quiet enjoyment of other guests at the Resort. Refunds to guests due to noise complaints will be the responsibility of the pet owner.
- Pets must be house trained. Please make sure pets are off the beds and all furniture. Additional cleaning charges will be applied if extra cleaning is required.
- Pets are not allowed off-leash on Parksville beaches at any time.
- When taking your pet for a walk, please clean up after your pet. We offer complimentary waste bags, if needed they can be provided to you at the front desk.
- Pets need to be cleaned of sand, mud or any other debris prior to entering the unit. This also pertains to drying your wet dog off. If you do not have a dog towel to do this, please ask the front desk and we will supply you with one to use during your stay
- The Owner of the Pet accepts full responsibility for any damage or harm caused by their pet while on Resort premises. Pets exhibiting aggressive behaviour towards other pets or guests will be asked to vacate the resort.
- Please note we will not allow dogs on the property which have been deemed 'vicious' as stated in the City of Parksville Bylaw No. 1524.
Pet Travel Tips:
- Ensure your pet is in good physical health before travelling
- Make sure you bring a crate or kennel
- Have your address and phone number on your pet’s collar
- Research the area for local veterinarians
- Do not leave your animals in the car when the weather is warm
- Bring bowls along with food and water
- Bring plastic bags so you can clean up after your pet
- Bring a recent photo so you can accurately describe your pet if they get lost