The Best Local Eats in Parksville
Parksville and Qualicum are not only surrounded by the rich bounty of the Salish Sea but are also located between the Cowichan and Comox valleys which produce everything from poultry, to some of the best honey, bacon, cheese and organic fruit and vegetables found in British Columbia. Many of the establishments then integrate this locally sourced food into a number of different dishes that satiate appetites.
Lefty’s Fresh Food
With an upbeat atmosphere, eye-catching décor, Lefty’s Fresh Food Restaurant has been crafting ‘leftcoast’ meals since 1996. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, each of the items has been made from scratch using fresh local produce.
If you’re heading to Lefty’s Fresh Food, you should try:
- Blackened Salmon Tacos made with guacamole, cucumber, red cabbage, pickled mango, chipotle sauce, red onions, flour tortillas, cilantro and lime.
- Meglio De Pepperoni Pizza made with house tomato sauce, pepperoni, chorizo sausage, mushrooms and quattro cheese
- Clubhouse Sandwich made with bacon, chicken, cheddar cheese, avocado salsa, lettuce, tomato and chipotle sauce on grilled ciabatta bread or wrapped in a flour tortilla
Realm Food Co.
Using locally sourced, seasonal ingredients, Realm Food Co. brings robust flavour and colour to your plate. They emphasize the importance of choosing to support local growers and embracing a sustainable path that honors local farmers. This final result is wholesome, hearty, imaginative food that everyone can enjoy.
If you’re heading to Realm Food Co, you should try:
- Ramen made using a poached egg, bone broth, carrot, cabbage, kale, wild mushrooms, rice noodles, nori, bone broth, chili-hoisin gastrique and your choice of chicken, pork and tempeh
- Ixim Bowl made with braised chicken, avocado, carrot, marinated tomato, cabbage, kale, sprouts, rice, freshly crisped tortilla chips, chipotle-bail aioli and salsa verde
- Qualicum Bowl made with braised pork, apple-thyme slaw, carrot, cucumber, kale, sprouts, rice, crispy onion, salsa verde, and a turmeric aioli.
Enjoy artisan, Italian-style, thin-crust pizza at Salt Pizzeria. Each of their creations are made using aged sourdough, 100% organic flour and fresh ingredients selectively sourced from across the region.
If you’re heading to Salt Pizzeria, you should try:
- Boscaiola made with tomato sauce, topped with mozzarella, cremini mushrooms, Italian sausage finished with fresh parmesan and thyme
- Finale made with tomato sauce, topped with mozzarella, goat chevre, ham, cured salami, red onions and roasted garlic finished with fresh tomato, parmesan and arugula
- West Coast made with an olive oil base, topped with mozzarella, goat chevre, smoked salmon, red onions, capers and marinated arugula
Mekong River Restaurant
Mekong River Restaurant has been serving authentic Vietnamese and Asian cuisine using traditional ingredients, preparation and love. While they have more traditional dishes like salad rolls, Vietnamese crepe, and spring rolls, they also offer a number of non-traditional dishes such as crispy chow mein, delicious curries and stir-fry.
If you’re heading to Mekong River Restaurant, you should try:
- Spicy Chicken Stir-Fry made with onions, lemongrass, chilli sauce, broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower, served in a hotpot with a side of rice
- Mekong Sweet and Sour Pork made with onions, green peppers, pineapple and carrots in a tamarind sauce served with steamed rice.
- Seafood Curry made with prawns, scallops, salmon, coconut milk, yellow curry, sliced bamboo shoots, broccoli, mushrooms, and sweet potato served with steamed rice
What do you look for in a restaurant? If it’s atmosphere, authenticity, flavour, presentation, or great service; Parkville has something to satisfy all of your needs. Book your stay at Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort to take in all of the great local eats. Bon appetite!