Favorite Winter Activities
If you are looking to escape winter, Parksville is the place to be! Be sure to check out these fun-filled winter activities when you visit:
- Coombs Country Market – Famous for their goats on the roof, international foods, imported gifts, in store baked goods, and of course… ice cream!
- Cathedral Grove – Plan to spend a few hours wandering Cathedral Grove’s trail system and gazing up at 800 year-old giant cedars.
- Horne Lake Caves – Experience the magic of the underground cave world within this unique park.
- Milner Gardens & Woodlands – Immerse yourself in one of the Top 10 Gardens in Canada, according to Canadian Geographic.
- Rathtrevor Beach Park – Majestic old growth trees, beautiful ocean sunsets, a wide sandy beach to explore.
- Old School House Arts Centre – A heritage building that is home to three galleries featuring monthly exhibitions by British Columbia artists.
- North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre – A unique experience with wildlife viewing, eagle flight cage, and museum.
- Butterfly World & Gardens – Stroll amongst hundreds of free-flying exotic butterflies in their indoor tropical gardens.
- Golf – There are 6 golf courses close by that cater to every level of player and budget.
Dining – The Parksville area is packed with a truly diverse range of all-budget independent dining establishments – some secreted away in oceanside resorts and on backcountry roads, others clustered in the heart of town.