Fall in Parksville means changing colours, mild temperatures and lots of outdoor fun! These are our top to-do’s this fall!
- Milner Gardens is a seaside garden located in Qualicum Beach, a short 16-minute drive from Sunrise Ridge Resort. The property consists of 70 acres, which is broken into the Milner Gardens and Woodland Property. The Milner Gardens was named one of the ten best public gardens in Canada by Canadian Geographic Travel, it offers over 500 varieties of rhododendrons, and trees and shrubs brought home by the gardens creators, Ray and Veronica Milner over many years. In 1996, the estate was donated to Vancouver Island University in Nanaimo, BC.
2. Travel down to Cathedral Grove. Located in MacMillan Provincial park, this incredible forest is one of the most accessible stands of Douglas-fir, Western Hemlock, Grand fir, and Western Red Cedar Trees on Vancouver Island. Visitors can park and walk at their own pace along the trails, under trees over 800 years old.
3. View wildlife at the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre. Nestled in the district of Errington on Vancouver Island, NIWRA is a park like setting with a peaceful rustic atmosphere. When visiting the centre you will be able to view eagles, several species of owls, falcons, hawks, ravens and black bears.
4. Stop in at Coombs Old Country Market. This charming shop a landmark for Coombs started off as a roadside fruit stand providing fresh produce for travelers. Over the years it has evolved into a mixture of gift shops and eateries for locals and visitors. But what it is most well-known for is its grass topped roof with resident goats. ‘Goats on the Roof” has become one of the top tourist destinations in BC.
5. Explore the beauty and mysteries of Vancouver Islands underworld with Horne Lake Caves. They offer a vareity of tour options that provide visitors with a mesmerizing look at Vancouver Island and its geology. See crystal formations and ancient fossils while you learn about the history of these caves.
Not sure where to begin? Our knowledgeable staff at Sunrise Ridge Resort can help you plan your perfect fall getaway. The only thing you have
to worry about it getting here. Book your trip today!