There are some great events and activities in the Parksville & Qualicum Beach area. If you would like more information, give us a call 1-877-977-8669.
- Ongoing, 2014 Open Mic - 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM Acoustic Open Mic every Monday day evening at the Shady Rest Pub in Qualicum Beach. Great food. C’mon down & play some tunes
- Ongoing – Free Meditation Class – Learn how to meditate! Free classes every Tuesday from 5:30 to 7pm at the McMillan Arts Centre. Simple and effective techniques of Sahaja Yoga Meditation will allow you to master stress, improve your health, face yourself, and achieve balance in every aspect of life. Ancient knowledge and practices are adapted to modern day needs for people of all ages and walks of life. FMI Call (250) 954-5040 or visit www.freemeditation.ca.
- Ongoing – Timberline Dance – Free, live classic Country and Rock’n Roll music that lets you hear yourself think and hold onto your dance partner! Every Wednesday, 7:30 to 10:30 pm Parksville Legion, 146 West Hirst St., Parksville. All adults welcome!
- Ongoing – Old Time Thursday Dances Every Thursday, September to June, 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM – Rotary House, corner of Beach and Fern in Qualicum Beach. A variety of dance styles, including waltzes, reels, jigs, two-steps, polkas, schottisches and more are played by the Coombs Old Time Fiddlers from a large repertoire of classic and country tunes. The format is two hours of dancing with a half-hour intermission. Non-alcoholic refreshments are provided. Admission $2.50 and snack included. Info: 250-586-3743.
- Ongoing – Sunday Afternoon Dancing - On the first Sunday each month, beginning on January 5 at the Rotary House in Qualicum Beach. The music will play from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30. Dance styles include Waltzes, Polkas, Two-Steps, Schottisches, Jigs, Reels and more. Admission of $2.50 will include light refreshments. Everyone is welcome to dance and/or just listen to the good Old Time Fiddle tunes. For information, call Bruce at 250-586-3743 or Roy at 250-752-3636 or email [email protected]
- January 24 – Robbie Burns at the Rocking Horse– Includes an ode to haggis with the traditional Piper and the amazing 5 piece band Celtic chaos starting at 7:30 with traditional Scottish specials at 5pm.
- January 29 – Watoto African Children’s Choir - You are invited to come and see the Watoto African Children’s Choir at Parksville Fellowship Baptist Church (550 Pym Street) on January 29th at 7pm. Everyone is welcome! There will be a freewill offering taken.
- February 1 – Kitchen Ceilidh – Come join us for a fun evening of Gaelic Music featuring Celtic Chaos, Irish Food and Dancing as we raise money for the Bowser Seniors Housing Society. Tickets $30 include dinner. Doors open at 6 p.m., dinner 6:30 p.m. Reserve a table by calling 250-757-8117, or purchase your tickets from the Salish Sea Market, Georgia Park Store or the Mulberry Bush Book Stores in Parksville or Qualicum Beach.
- February 1 – 12th Annual Qualicum Beach Seedy Saturday - 10am-3:30pm, Feb 1, 2014. Admission by donation. Speakers include: Kathleen Millar, “The Elephant on your Dinner Table, why organic doesn’t always mean nutritious”, Arzeena Hamir, “GMOs 101″ and Kathy Claxton, “The Life and Times of the Tomato, from seed to seed saving” 70+ Vendors including Farmer’s Market, Seed Swap, Milner Garden’s “Shoots With Roots” Children’s Program, Master Gardeners, Town of QB Garden Chemicals collection truck, Seedy Cafe, ATM on-site.
- February 7– JP Maurice LIVE – Arbutus Events is excited to announce JP Maurice LIVE February 7th 2014 at Quality Resort Bayside Tickets available at Lockhart Collection on Craig St and Quality Resort Bayside front desk CASH ONLY at these locations or online $20 advance $25 at door Dinner/Cocktails served 6:30pm Show at 7:30pm
- February 7 – The Fretless in Concert - Errington Hall, 8:00 pm on Friday, February 7th.This Victoria-based “new folk” string quartet from Victoria won two 2012 Canadian Folk Music Awards. Tickets are $20 at at Cranky Dog in Parksville, Heaven on Earth in Qualicum and the Errington General Store. Coffee and treats available.
- February 20-22 – A Night at the Palace - See the annual A Night at the Palace show at the Errington Hall, 8:00 pm on Thursday, Friday & Saturday February 20th, 21st & 22nd. An evening of Vaudeville and Burlesque – music, dance and comedy featuring an amazing line up of local talents. – always a crowd favourite. Check back on the Errington Hall website for details of ticket prices and sales locations.
- February 20-23 – Parksville Uncorked 2014 - From wine or beer newbie to seasoned palate, you’ll enjoy tastings, featured wine dinners, bubbly brunches, wine-inspired spa treatments and local tours. Last year’s festival events sold out. Don’t say we didn’t warn you. Book early. Book often. And bring a friend!
If you would like to add an event to our listing please email [email protected]