There are some great events and activities in the Parksville & Qualicum Beach area. If you would like more information, give us a call 1-877-977-8669.
- Ongoing, Monday Open Mic - 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM Acoustic Open Mic every Monday day evening at the Shady Rest Pub in Qualicum Beach. Great food. C’mon down & play some tunes
- Ongoing – Tuesdays Until May 27 -Tea by The Sea- Tea by the Sea at the Deep Bay Marine Field Station, Tuesdays, April 8 – May 27. Join us for Tuesday high tea including delicious sandwiches, pastries and other goodies prepared our chef. Tea includes admission to the Station. Enjoy stunning views of Baynes Sound, and learn about marine science through colourful exhibits, a large public aquaria and touch tanks teeming with local marine life.
- Ongoing – Wednesday Timberline Dance – Free, live classic Country and Rock’n Roll music that lets you hear yourself think and hold onto your dance partner! Every Wednesday, 7:30 to 10:30 pm Parksville Legion, 146 West Hirst St., Parksville. All adults welcome!
- Ongoing – Old Time Thursday Dances Every Thursday, September to June, 7:30 PM to 10:00 PM – Rotary House, corner of Beach and Fern in Qualicum Beach. A variety of dance styles, including waltzes, reels, jigs, two-steps, polkas, schottisches and more are played by the Coombs Old Time Fiddlers from a large repertoire of classic and country tunes. The format is two hours of dancing with a half-hour intermission. Non-alcoholic refreshments are provided. Admission $2.50 and snack included. Info: 250-586-3743.
- Ongoing Saturday Qualicum Beach Farmers Market – a great way to start your Saturday morning. Whether you’re visiting for the first time, or are a lifelong Oceanside resident, a visit to Veteran’s Way and Memorial is where you’ll find the best in fresh fruits, vegetables and berries, plants and cut flowers, fresh baked goods, jams and jellies, fish, chicken and pork, as well as a wide range of local crafts.
- Ongoing – Sunday Afternoon Dancing - On the first Sunday each month, beginning on January 5 at the Rotary House in Qualicum Beach. The music will play from 2:30 p.m. until 4:30. Dance styles include Waltzes, Polkas, Two-Steps, Schottisches, Jigs, Reels and more. Admission of $2.50 will include light refreshments. Everyone is welcome to dance and/or just listen to the good Old Time Fiddle tunes.
- May10-11 – The MARS Garden Tour – includes eleven or twelve gardens that open to the public in this annual Mothers Day weekend event. Hours 10-4. Tickets at $15 include a map for this self-driving tour. Tickets available at most local nurseries, Milner Gardens and both Mulberry Bookstores.
- May 16th – MACoustic Folk Club Concert Series happens on the third Friday of every month in the lovely Concert Gallery. Tickets are $10 and will be available in advance this year, online and at the McMillan Arts Centre. The first half of each concert is an open stage, so bring your axe and show your stuff to our appreciative, friendly audience.
- May23-25 - Vancouver Island International Tribute Festival – Renowned Tributes To Your Favorite Musical Icons: Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, Cher, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks , Roy Orbison, Liza Minnelli, Wynonna & Naomi – The Judds, The Everly Brothers, Peter Paul & Mary and many more.
- May 24th Songs and Stories of Davy the Punk with Bob Bossin- at the ErringtonHall, 8:00 pm – Saturday. Created from memoirs of Bob’s fathers life in the world of Toronto gambling in the 1930’s & ’40s. Tickets are $20 at Cranky Dog in Parksville, Heaven on Earth in Qualicum & the Errington Store. Coffee and treats available.
- May 24th -Wesley Ridge Guided Hike- Hike steep, old-growth forest trails to the ridge for a look at the Salish Sea and the nearby peaks of Mt. Cokely and Mt. Arrowsmith. This is a chance to test your personal fitness and make some alpine hiking goals. Saturday May 24 from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm, cost is $37 per person. Phone to pre-register with RDN, Recreation and Parks at 250-248-3252. View recreation programs online at rdn.bc.ca/recreation
- May24th - The Great Garage Sale- Clean out the attic and sell those no longer needed items at The Great Garage Sale. The Oceanside Place Arena will be transformed into a giant flea market on Saturday May 24 from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm. Whether you are a buyer or a seller, this is where you will want to be. Free admission. Book a table for $19; call RDN, Recreation and Parks 250-248-3252. View recreation programs online at rdn.bc.ca/recreation
- June 13th- Seaside Cruizers Cruise- starting at Harris Parksville Chevrolet. Event runs from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm. Cruise departs at 7:15 pm. Food, fun, entertainment and auto displays.
- June 14th- Classic Car Poker Run- which covers approximately 22km. Starts and ends at Arrowsmith Golf & Country Club. Parking starts at 9:00 am with the Poker Run kicking off at 11:00 am. Lots of food, prizes, BBQ lunch, Putting Course Challenge, and much more!
- June 14th - Seaside Cruizers Annual Street Dance – in the heart of downtown Qualicum Beach. Live Rock ‘n Roll music featuring the Maloomba Boogie Band. Dancing & Fun for the whole family and it is FREE. Food & refreshments available too ! Music starts at 6:00 pm. Don’t miss it!
- June 15th - Qualicum Beach Seaside Cruizers Father’s Day Show ‘N Shine – with over 600 cars displayed on the streets, Shriner’s Pancake Breakfast, Raffles, T-Shirt sales, “Kid’s Zone”, Prize giveaways, food vendors, and local Shops & Restaurants open all day! Pancake Breakfast starts at 7:30am. Cars on display by 9:00 am. with trophies given at approx. 2:30 pm. Come for the whole day. Fun for the whole family!
If you would like to add an event to our listing please email [email protected]