May Long Fun!
May Long Weekend is almost upon us and it looks like it is going to be a sunny one! Enjoy the many events happening around Parksville and celebrate the unofficial beginning of summer with us!
- Friday, May 17th – Coombs Country Opera. This Country Jam brings all sorts of local talent out of the woodwork so grab your guitar, fiddle, mandolin or whatever tickles your fancy and join us for a great time.
- Friday, May 17th – Vince Vaccaro, a popular Victoria singer/songwriter returns to the Errington Hall stage with a solo acoustic performance. Tickets are $15 from Cranky Dog in Parksville, Heaven on Earth in Qualicum Beach or the Errington General Store. Coffee and refreshments available.
- Saturday, May 18th – Errington Farmers Market. From 10am to 1pm with great selections of veggies, baking, plants, crafts, live music and the famous “sticky buns”.
- Saturday, May 18th – Qualicum Beach Farmers Market. Whether you’re visiting for the first time, or are a lifelong resident, a visit to Veteran’s Way and Memorial is where you’ll find the best in fresh fruits, vegetables and berries, plants and cut flowers, fresh baked goods, jams and jellies, fish, chicken and pork, as well as a wide range of local crafts.
- Saturday, May 18th – Sunset Paddle. The best way to unwind after a busy day. paddle into the sunset. Gaze at the glow of the setting sun, breathe deep and relax. Sat, May 18 from 7:15-9:30pm, $50/1. Pre-register with RDN, Recreation and Parks 250-248-3252.
- Saturday, May 18th – Wild Edible Plants & Mushrooms Workshop – Turn trees into teas, brighten salads with wildflowers and find nature’s band-aids during this hands-on workshop with biologist Jessica Wolf. Advance registration is required and limited to 15 people. Register at www.jessicawolf.ca or call 250-327-6931.