The Quality Foods Canadian Open Sand Sculpting Competition and Exhibition starts this Saturday and runs until August 18th. This is a world class event for Master Sand Sculptors and is an official qualifying event for the World Championship of Sand Sculpting in Atlantic City, New Jersey! Master Sand Sculptors travel from all corners of the globe to participate in this remarkable competition. Sculptors have 24 hours over three days to create their masterpieces from just sand and water (and a lot of ingenuity!)
On Saturday’s you can enjoy many local Farmer’s Markets including the Qualicum Beach Farmer’s Market, Errington Farmer’s Market, Orange Bridge Market, and the Nanoose Library Market. Click here for more information.
There are so many things to do and see this summer. Enjoy all the fun then unwind at Sunrise Ridge! Make a reservation today: 1-877-977-8669.
Enter to win a 2 night stay at Sunrise Ridge Waterfront Resort through our Facebook Fan Contest
June is here! Have you booked your summer vacation yet? Check out our great summer packages and specials!
Family time is important and why not spend this time in a beautiful destination? Parksville is surrounded by many activities such as beach combing during low tide, exploring Cathedral Grove, shopping at Coombs Market, dining at one of our many restaurants, or even checking out the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre. What a great place to explore!
Call today to book your vacation at this beautiful oceanside Resort, 1-877-977-8669.
May Long Weekend is almost upon us and it looks like it is going to be a sunny one! Enjoy the many events happening around Parksville and celebrate the unofficial beginning of summer with us!
- Friday, May 17th – Coombs Country Opera. This Country Jam brings all sorts of local talent out of the woodwork so grab your guitar, fiddle, mandolin or whatever tickles your fancy and join us for a great time.
- Friday, May 17th – Vince Vaccaro, a popular Victoria singer/songwriter returns to the Errington Hall stage with a solo acoustic performance. Tickets are $15 from Cranky Dog in Parksville, Heaven on Earth in Qualicum Beach or the Errington General Store. Coffee and refreshments available.
- Saturday, May 18th – Errington Farmers Market. From 10am to 1pm with great selections of veggies, baking, plants, crafts, live music and the famous “sticky buns”.
- Saturday, May 18th – Qualicum Beach Farmers Market. Whether you’re visiting for the first time, or are a lifelong resident, a visit to Veteran’s Way and Memorial is where you’ll find the best in fresh fruits, vegetables and berries, plants and cut flowers, fresh baked goods, jams and jellies, fish, chicken and pork, as well as a wide range of local crafts.
- Saturday, May 18th – Sunset Paddle. The best way to unwind after a busy day. paddle into the sunset. Gaze at the glow of the setting sun, breathe deep and relax. Sat, May 18 from 7:15-9:30pm, $50/1. Pre-register with RDN, Recreation and Parks 250-248-3252.
- Saturday, May 18th – Wild Edible Plants & Mushrooms Workshop – Turn trees into teas, brighten salads with wildflowers and find nature’s band-aids during this hands-on workshop with biologist Jessica Wolf. Advance registration is required and limited to 15 people. Register at www.jessicawolf.ca or call 250-327-6931.
Celebrate B.C.’s first ever Family Day weekend here at beautiful Sunrise Ridge Resort! KIDS RIDE FREE on BC Ferries this weekend! Parksville Qualicum Beach advenutes await, book online today or call 1-877-977-8669. Click here for more information on the Kids Ride Free program.